Monday, May 12, 2014

How to face your fears

Okay lets face the truth. No matter how hardcore we consider we're, the truth is that deep down inside we all are having some fears. Fears which are keeping us from achieving our goals. Fears behind which our true reward lies.
A lot of people give up living because of the fears that they have. People, who had the choices to fight their fears and achieve the greatness but instead they choose to die while they lived by giving up their powers to the fears.
But you're not one of those people because you've taken out the time to read this article. This shows that you've started your silent war against your fears. American President Franklin Delano Roosevelt once said "The only thing we've to fear is fear itself". But don't worry, after reading the points below, you'll be filled with enough knowledge and confidence to face your fears.

How to fight your fears:-

* Discover the foundation of your fear -- Believe it or not, a lot of times, we're afraid of 'nothing at all'. Well let me give you a small example. Back in a while when I was a student, I was asked to prepare a speech to deliver in my class. Next day I came to the school, all prepared. But I was nervous and soon fear took all over my body and mind. My chance was going to come soon. Then, I thought of giving this trick a try and it actually worked wonders. I realized that even if I got tongue tied in the middle of the classroom, no one would laugh at me because all my classmates are my friend and knows my weaknesses. And I came to realize that my fears didn't have any foundation. And as powerful as they seem to be, it was so because I had given them my power. That day, I gave a wonderful speech cause I wasn't afraid of anything anymore. But even if your fears have any foundation, it'll be shattered once you know what they are. Moreover FEAR is nothing but False Evidence Appearing Real.
* Know that if you're afraid then you are progressing -- Susan Jeffers said so true when she said" As long as I continue to push out into the world, as long as I continue to stretch my capabilities, as long as I continue to take risks in making my dreams come true, I'm going to experience fear". I person who has nothing to do has no reason to be afraid of anything at all. But at the same time, he is wasting his life by not progressing. And as an old saying goes "If you're not progressing in life then you're regressing". Only the person who is willing to reach the greatness by progressing day to day will face fears. So, next time when you're standing in the battlefield facing your fears, know the fact that you're progressing in your life and the next step to progress is to conquer over that fear.
* Have a reason strong enough to help you overcome the fear -- Yes, as long as you'll have a reason to fight the fear, your chances of overcoming it will increase manifolds. The reason can be anything like for instance I'm afraid of water but I can't resist seeing so many people enjoy in the water. I decide that I too want to enjoy it. So, that'll be my reason to fight my fear. Similarly you can have different reasons in different aspects of life for fighting different fear. 
* Remember that life is brief and unpredictable -- Remembering the fact that you aren't going to live forever and that life could end up at any moment develops a sense of urgency which will push you forward while fighting your fears. This is a mantra which will not only help you in fighting you fears but in every other aspect of life.
* Do it now -- Too many people have wasted too many years of their life postponing things that they needed to do right away. But until they realized this, it was all too late. I know you're smart enough to avoid this mistake but just thought of informing you that it's a very deadly mistake that has kept many people from progressing in life. Read more about this deadly mistake of postponing time here. And I'll also like to give you the precious words of W.Clement Stone which are "When thinking won't cure fear, action will". So take your thinking time but don't fall into the trap of thinking forever. You have a life to live.
* Accept that not everything is in our control -- By accepting the reality (that not everything is in our control), we can then focus on things we actually can control. Thus bringing our focus down to only one goal, we can't help but achieve it.
Do you guys also agree that sometimes we are afraid of nothing at all. If no then how. Leaving a comment is always appreciable as I know that I'm making a difference. Peace :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment